There are people out there who actually think that the autistic community created the ‘myth’ that autistic people (like other disabled people, like other developmentally disabled people, etc.) are singled out to be killed.
I just… I can’t. Not right now. And I can’t imagine what imaginary world…
Hard look at reality for autistic adults.
It’s the little things. In my desk drawer.
We, the undersigned, would like the Obama administration to recognize the need for a new national anthem, one that even a decade after its creation, is still hot and fresh out the kitchen. America has changed since Francis Scott Key penned our current anthem in 1814. Since then, we have realized…
Important issues. Without this song, I never would have gotten through sophomore year.
Seats could be worse :-) Rock chalk!
Curried ginger butternut squash soup.
I made this recipe up mostly on the spot, so I had to approximate the amounts. I’m a fan of throwing a bunch of ingredients together and seeing what happens.
1 butternut squash (2lbs or so), cubed
A few cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2Tbs + 1/2tsp curry powder
1tsp powdered ginger (or a little less fresh chopped ginger, I had powdered on hand)
A few green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large sauce pan, saute the onions and garlic in the butter until translucent.
2. Add the ginger and 1/2 tsp curry powder to the onions and garlic. Your kitchen should smell amazing by now.
3. Add the broth to the pan, then add the squash. Let simmer about 15 minutes, until tender.
4. Zap the whole thing with an immersion blender until smooth. Or use a regular blender. But you should really get an immersion blender.
5. Add the curry powder, salt and pepper. Use more or less of any of those to suit your taste. I also added a dash of chili powder. Taste and stir liberally.
6. Garnish with the green onions. Scallions if you’re fancy :-) As you can see, I used a lot. So yummy.
Enjoy the flavory goodness, and the delicious smells from your kitchen. Eat way too much. Food coma.
You are so beautiful…to me!
Honeymoon, Day 1: dinner on the beach, watching the sunset with our toes in the sand.